Wow, what a crazy month this has been. Mitch Altman and I just got back from a 3-week long hackerspace tour through the UK and Ireland. We even had T-shirts printed (see above), that were designed by the talented Matthew Borgatti. The schedule was crazy. I had planned on blogging while over there, but we were either traveling or running workshops almost the entire time. The few days we had of down time were used for it. It was an amazing time, but next year I’ll want to extend the time there by a week or so as to leave a day or two between each event.
This was the schedule:
- 7-Mar fizzPOP workshop, Birmingham
- 10-Mar London Hackspace, London
- 13-Mar UK Maker Faire, Newcastle
- 14-Mar UK Maker Faire, Newcastle
- 18-Mar Madlab, Manchester
- 20-Mar SoutHACKton, Southampton
- 21-Mar BuildBrighton, Brighton
- 23-Mar Robots.ie / TOG, Dublin
- 27-Mar Bristol Hack Space, Bristol
That was a lot of up and down the length of the UK, but that’s how it all worked out. It was really great, and there has been a good bit of followup on it. fizzPOP posted both videos and pictures. Madlab posted a nice set of pictures. SoutHACKton has a full review of the event up. If you have any additional pics or links, leave a comment and I’ll update this post.